Thursday 15 March 2012

Bible verses: God's promises and blessings

Blessings:
blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways---Psalm 128:1

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth---Matthew 5: 5

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy---Matthew 5: 7

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God---Matthew 5:8

Boldness:
 If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?---Roman 8: 31-32


12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. ----John 14: 12

Protection

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
   and under his wings you will find refuge;
   his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
   nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
   nor the plague that destroys at midday.  (Psalm 91: 4-6)


3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.(2 Theseealonians 3: 3)


Guidance

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
   I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. (Psalm 32: 8)


 14 For this God is our God for ever and ever;
   he will be our guide even to the end.  (Psalm 48: 14)


 23 The LORD makes firm the steps
   of the one who delights in him;
24 though he may stumble, he will not fall,
   for the LORD upholds him with his hand. (Psalm 37: 23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment