Thursday 15 March 2012

Bible prayer reading: Luke 8: 22-25 (example 5)

Jesus Calms the Storm
 22 One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and set out. 23 As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.
 24 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”
   He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25 “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples.

Bible prayer reading: example 5
topic of contemplation: i will experience the subside of storm

 In this morning, this passage reminds me about you Lord, the creator of heaven and earth, therefore even storm has to listen to your order.

Lord Jesus, thanks for leading my life to the direction you want me to be. Thank you for your are in the same boat with me, in my life journey. All negativities, all fear, loneliness, helplessness, anxiety about the future, or even when I am in danger, all these will dispel because you are in my boat. Therefore I want to have a break through in my thinking, no matter what challenges I may face (or challenges that I am facing now, name it……), I don’t want to limit myself by my sight. I want to live by faith not by sight, because you are in the same boat with me, therefore you will rebuke the wind and calm the ranging waters. You are Lord of lords and King of kings, therefore even the storm has to obey you. Praise the Lord!

This morning, I want to encounter you in a wonderful and amazing manner, I want to give thanks for all the wonderful works you have done in my life, I believe I will continue to experience your goodness and kindness in my life. I want to experience your authority to calm the raging water. I want to surrender all challenges that I encounter to you, both externally and internally; externally like difficulties…. (name it: career, ministry, family, relationship….etc); internally like anger, impatient, lust, selfish,….. (name it: …..). Lord Jesus, I want to surrender all these to you, please help me, please rescue me…..I need you Lord to transform my life. I want to experience the overcoming of all these challenges, the victory over all these challenges. Lord Jesus, thank you for you are in my boat, so I can walk from strength to strength, victory to victory, glory to glory. You are my God for ever and ever; you will be my guide even to the end, with you leading me to walk through all these challenges, my faith and my spiritual growth can be enhcanced to another level.  Because of you, even the most dangerous place/event can turn to be the most secure place.

Thanks you Lord, please continue to do your work in my life, I will obey you and follow you ways, for I want to continue to experience your greatness and goodness in my life. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment