Monday 5 March 2012

Bible prayer reading: Matthew 11 (example 2)

 Matthew 11: 28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Deuteronomy 4: 29
29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.


Bible prayer reading: example 2 (Matthew 11: 28-30)
1. Read verse 28 (read and contemplate a few times)
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

2. Insert your name in this verse. (read and contemplate a few times)
the Lord says, come to him, me YYYY who is weary and burdened, and the Lord will give me YYYY peace.


 3. Extend your prayers using this verse 28

Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy on me, thanks you for all your love that you lavish on me. What are human beings that you are mindful of us, mortals that you care for us.

Thank you for your promises that when we draw near to you, you will draw near to us, you will turn your face to us and give us peace. Thank you for you know me so well, even every hair on my head is numbered. You have wonderful plans for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. Thank you God for your faithfulness, that when I seek you, my soul can find peace.

 4. Read and contemplate from verse 28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


5. Insert your name into the verses

the Lord says, come to him, me YYYY who is weary and burdened, and the Lord will give me YYYY rest.

take his yoke unto myself YYYY and learn from the Lord, for he is gentle and humble in heart, and me YYYY will  find rest for my souls, for his yokie is easy and his burden is light.


6. Now extend your prayers using verses 29-30

Yes Lord, teach me how to surrender to you, so that I know how to look up to you and learn from you.  I pray for divine exchange, that all forms of burden and heaviness in my spirit, soul and body will be taken away by you; and in return I will have your love, your joy, your peace, your patience, your kindness, your goodness, your faithfulness, humanity and self control. Thank you for this divine exchange that refreshes and restores me again and again every day.

I pray for this divine exchange in every aspect of my life, divine exchange in my workload and responsibilities, in my families, in my relationship with others, in my ministry, in handling any crisis and challenges. Despite all these responsibilities they will not burden me for your divine wisdom is with me, for your yoke is easy and light, therefore I can cope with all these responsibilities with a sense of lightness.

Abba Father, early in this morning, I proclaim your love, joy, peace, kindness and goodness will filled into every part of my body, filled into every cell in my body, filled into my emotion, filled into my thinking pattern and thinking habits so that I can be transformed and changed to be more like you.


Wherever I go your blessings will be with me, your blessings will be spilled over to others, so that they are amazed by you, so that these spilled over blessings will bring hope to them.

Thank you for i am covered by your blood, everyday I am like living in heaven. Abba father, I pray for your love, your faith, your strength, your anointing to be with me, your supernatural authority to perform signs, wonders and miracles to be with me, so that I can do all the works you want me to do for the advance of your kingdom. All glory to the Lord.  In Jesus mighty name I pray, Amen!

7. When you are filled with the strength of the Lord,  you can extend your prayers to your pastors/church/country/leaders/family/loved ones and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment