Sunday 17 June 2012

Bible verses: abiding in Christ

Obey Christ, and you will experience joy
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  (John 15: 9-12)

Abiding in Christ yeilds fruit
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  (John 15:5)


God's love is made complete in the one who abides
But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (1John 2: 5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment