Thursday 3 May 2012

Article: prayer is the key

The Bible says, “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrew. 4:16). Regardless of the challenges that may confront you, prayer is the key that opens the door to God’s solutions for every need or problem.


It is remarkable to consider how the Lord is no respecter of the degree of problems we face. Whether confronted by the impassible gulf of a Red Sea, as was the wandering Israelites -- or bound by prison chains and stocks, as once were Paul and Silas. Our Lord’s power to help is just as potent in our modern times as He was in the era of New Testament. As scripture states, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrew. 13:8). Neither is the Lord a respecter of the noble or humble status of those who seek Him (1 Peter 1:17).

There is often a larger-than-life view of the Bible personalities who prayed and experienced remarkable miracles. However the scriptures leave no doubt that these superheroes of faith, were mere people just like ourself. “Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly...” (James 5:17-18). God will hear and answer the sincere, faith-filled prayer of anyone who is right with Him. “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much” (James 5:16).So it is, whenever you find yourself in need, or immersed in perplexity or crisis, boldly knock on heaven’s door and call upon the Lord in faith. He cares about your every need and concern. Prayer is, and always will remain, the key that opens the door to God’s help and blessing!

“Because he loves me, says the LORD, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation” (Psalm. 91:14-16).

No comments:

Post a Comment