Tuesday 24 July 2012

Bible verses: the power of God and prayer-part 1

Deuteronomy 32:30
30.  How could one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had surrendered them?
31.For their rock is not like our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.


God says: “one person can put 1000 demons to flight “ and with “two people he can put 10,000 devils to flight. In other words the evil we see in this world we can put it to flight.
We can win this war all we have to do is realize who we serve. He is our Rock and we are his Warriors.


Let’s look at another verse in the Bible:
Psalms 18:2  The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.


The book of Psalms says:
The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, My Deliver, my Strength, my Shield, and my Stronghold.

When we go into battle we are not going to left alone for God promises to always be there with us.
In a battle even a warrior needs a place to rest and to find refuge from the evil in this world
This is why God said in the book of Psalms
“He is our fortress, our deliver, and our shield”
God is everything to the warrior.


The greatest weapon of Spiritual Warfare is Prayer.
In the physical we cannot win the battle.
But in the spiritual we can tear down the strongholds of the enemy
This is one of the reasons the Bible says we need to pray.

The church has got to go back to fighting on their knees.
The church is the only hope the world.  And if you don’t fight for this world and the people in it
Who will?

Psalms 60:12  Through God we will do valiantly, For it is He who shall tread down our enemies.

God is the one that gives us the victory in the battle that is going on in this world
It is God that will defeat our enemy the devil and all of his works.
We have to remember what the Bible says in the book of:

2 Chronicles 20:15
And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.

The battle is not ours but it is God’s
Only God can give us the victory nothing else.

God uses us as a tool when we pray down the strongholds of the enemy on this world.
We have to remember the Bible says: “whatever you ask you shall receive”
So because we have this promise, shouldn’t we pray for the lost and against the enemy that is the devil?
God will honor that prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment